The Children’s Hospital Charity
Good Causes Exhibitor
Our Make it Better appeal
In 2012 we launched our biggest challenge to date – a journey to transform our Children’s Hospital and make it even better for our patients and their family and friends.
The Make it Better appeal is vital to the future of our hospital. Lots of wards were built in the 1960’s, the hospital is becoming increasingly cramped and there is limited outdoor space. The appeal aims to match world class facilities with the existing world class care, creating the best possible environment for children to get better more quickly.
We need to raise £20million: £10million regionally, whilst another £10million will come through large donations from individuals, companies and trusts. The whole rebuild will cost £40million, with the NHS funding the other £20million.
Together, with your fantastic fundraising efforts, we have managed to raise over £3 million to help transform our Children’s Hospital. This is an incredible total in such a short space of time, but there is still a long way to go and we need you to continue your great work and help us Make it Better. It couldn’t be easier to get involved and support our hospital.
As work continues on the hospital we need to raise vital funds to;
• Transform our wards to single occupancy rooms, with space for parents to stay with their child and a private place to play.
• Ease the journey between departments making it brighter and child friendly.
• Create a hospital designed with children in mind.
• Create a brighter environment to help children get better more quickly.
• Build secure outdoor spaces in our patient garden.
• Bring sensory equipment for patient’s bedrooms creating a calming environment.
The Children’s Hospital Charity, Western Bank, Sheffield, S10 2TH
0114 271 7203
Visit the Charity Office in The Children’s Hospital, located just inside the main entrance of the hospital.